Entry Requirements

Do I need to pass a national entry exam to join the Spanish BA?

In order to have access to our BA studies in Fashion Design, you do not need to take any standardised university entry exams.

You can read the full regulations that govern the access to Higher Studies of Design here: ORDER of April 18, 2012, BOA 30-4-2012.

Do you request any previous studies/diplomas prior to registering with HC?

The requested qualification to access our studies (BA in Fashion Design) is High School.

Some examples of High School qualifications are for instance:

  • International Baccalaureate Diploma (International schools, UK & US) minimum of 28 points
  • GCE A-level A  (minimum of two full A-levels (or equivalent)
  • Abitur or Fachhochschulreife (Germany and Austria)
  • Baccalauréat (France)
  • Access to HE Diploma in an art related programme
  • Completed secondary education at university entrance level
  • Diploma Foundation Diploma in Art & Design
  • Diploma havo or vwo (The Netherlands)

Can I study fashion if I do not have a high school degree?

If you are coming from abroad, you must be able to provide your High School certificate. If you are a Spanish national, then refer to the section Requisitos de Acceso.

I  have already studied fashion, will this count as credit?

Any previous studies in the field of fashion and design will greatly help you with the Entry Exam and your overall progress in your first year at HC but will NOT validate any subjects nor grant you any credit automatically.

How do I take the entry test? When?

The test will take place at HC in the month of June, just before you enroll. In order to be able to take it, it is mandatory to reserve a space by means of the reservation form. It is not possible to take the Entry Test without registering first.

Please bring the following documentation when you register: Photocopy of your ID, Reservation Form completed and Proof of payment for the Entry Exam fee (transfer or deposit receipt).

The Entry Exam consists of 3 parts that will be corrected internally at HAC_R. The first part is a technical drawing (freehand and unfettered); the second part is an artistic drawing (your representation of an object); and finally an essay where you will expose your opinion and ideas on a specific topic.